This is the Perfect Time to Spring Clean!
You are familiar with the importance of properly washing and sanitize your hands, and you are probably wiping and disinfecting surfaces all over your house - but when is the last time you did a "Spring Clean" of your skincare and makeup or cleaned the products you place directly on our faces every day?
Our face, lips, and eyes are the entry-ways for bacteria and germs to get into our system, that's why you hear about the importance of hand washing and keeping your hands away from your face!
It's also important to properly clean the tools and makeup you apply to your face, and replace any outdated skincare or makeup products.
All self care products have an expiration date or shelf life based on the ingredients. If you haven't used the product in some time, or you see or smell anything unusual, toss it! It's not worth getting an eye infection or causing skin irritation when you can replace the products and play it safe.
Marie Kondo has become famous for her suggestion that when you de-clutter you consider if something brings you joy - and if it doesn't - then throw it away!
This is especially true for your self care because if it doesn't bring you joy, then what good is it?!
Self care is all about joy, and so is Spring Time!
Stress can definitely take a toll on our bodies in many ways—physically, emotionally and mentally.
I find that when I don’t have the time to slow down, that's when I need Self-care the MOST!
It’s important to take good care of YOU. #SelfCareLeadstoSelfLove
You not only deserve it, but when you’re feeling rested and recharged, you can accomplish more and support others better.
It’s not selfish because you’ll actually have more of you to give.
Coaching women in how to discover their own favorite self-care practices is one of the cornerstones my experience as an Independent Beauty Guide with LimeLife by Alcone.
Here are a few tips I’ve found my clients seem to like and may be helpful to you as well!
1. Take time each night to reflect on the gratitude you have for your beautiful body. Find one thing to be proud of, be grateful for, or to celebrate, as you wash your face and reflect on the day!
2. Attending the LimeLife by Alcone annual events, I’ve been introduced to the authors Martha Beck, Shawn Achor and Shirzad Charmine. Each has their unique perspective on self-awareness – which I actually consider a form of self-care!
3. Speak to yourself more kindly. Use your “mirror time” to tell yourself the things you long to hear… if you’re curious about this one, contact me!
4. Open your windows and blinds during the day to get vitamin D and fresh air. Go outside when you get the chance! Be sure to use sunscreen and moisturizer to protect your skin!
5. Exfoliate the skin on your entire body. Use a dry body brush, or one of our fabulous body care products Scrubtini or Bamboo Renew!
6. Put on a little lipstick – to brighten your face and make you feel amazing. Sometimes it’s the littlest things that make a difference!
What are you favorite ways to practice exquisite self care?
Pamela Miles, Author
The love of writing began during the 1972 - 73 school year, while composing letters to my summer camp friends. From there I learned about the power of keeping a journal, a secret spot to get all my thoughts out on paper... the letter writing and journalling has continued and now I'm venturing into the word of Blogging!